BROOKLYN, N.Y., July 13, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc., a family-owned home service company serving Brooklyn and Manhattan for more than 100 years, gives homeowners simple tips to keep their home safe and protect their property while away on summer vacation.
Before leaving for vacation, homeowners are often focused on making sure their vehicles are ready for the drive and their bags are packed with everything they need. However, it is equally important for homeowners to check their home before leaving on vacation to make sure it’s ready, too.
“The home often gets overlooked during summer vacations,” said Michael Petri, owner of Petri Plumbing & Heating. “Taking a few minutes to check some common problem areas could be the difference between coming home to a disaster or finding your space in the same pristine condition you left it in.”
With families ready to begin their summer travel, Petri offers the following tips to give homeowners peace of mind:
- Check for potential leaks: A small leak could quickly turn into a disaster if not taken care of early. Taking time to check for water spots on the ceiling, dripping faucets and unusually low water pressure could save families thousands of dollars in repairs after vacation.
- Utilize vacation mode: Most modern water heaters come with a vacation mode setting. Turning on this setting keeps the water heater from doing extra work and saves energy, and reduces the risk of a water leak.
- Raise the temperature: While families are away from the home, the thermostat should be set to a higher temperature to reduce the strain on the HVAC system and reduce energy bills. Most families are comfortable at a temperature of 72 degrees, but raising it to 78 degrees could keep the air conditioning from giving out while families are away.
- Check door seals: Door seals are one of the most common areas for air to escape the home. Making sure the seals are in good condition can keep cool air from escaping the while reducing the strain on the HVAC system.
- Invest in a sump pump: Summer often brings with it the risk for strong storms. These storms can cause power outages and flooding, but by utilizing a sump pump with a battery backup, families can rest assured that any water will be automatically removed from the home’s basement.
“Summer vacations are something New York families look forward to each year,” Petri said. “And, by spending a few extra minutes to make a few checks around the home, they can focus on having fun while avoiding thousands of dollars in potential repairs and energy bills.”
For more information about Petri Plumbing & Heating, or to schedule a service call, visit https://www.petriplumbing.com/ or call (718) 748-1254.
About Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc.
Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc. is a family owned and operated business serving Brooklyn and the New York City area. Founded in 1906, the company offers a 100 percent guarantee on all services, upfront pricing, and friendly and knowledgeable Service Experts for all kinds of home and business plumbing and heating needs. Services offered include water and gas pipe leak repair and installation, fixture installations, inspections, boiler repair, water heater installation, complete bathroom, kitchen, laundry & utility room remodeling and more. Petri is also licensed and certified by Green Plumbers USA, the first in New York City to receive this designation. For more information, please visit www.petriplumbing.com or call 718-748-1254.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/get-your-new-york-home-vacation-ready-with-5-easy-tips-301332229.html
SOURCE Petri Plumbing & Heating, Inc.